Alcathon Committee Chair
The primary purpose of the Alcathon is to provide a safe and sober environment for our members and those new to recovery over the holiday season.
For all positions within Intergroup, a commitment of your time and a desire to be of service, are the main qualifications.
- The Alcathon chair should be someone having a good level of sobriety, two years is suggested.
- Committee members should also be comfortable with their attained level of sobriety.
The Alcathon Chair reports on the event directly to the Regina Intergroup Committee.
Position Description and Duties
The Chair and Committee :
- Select a format for the Alcathon.
- Recommend a venue and an outline of events during the holiday season.
- Present a budget for the event at the earliest date for review to Intergroup.
- Communicate with Groups regarding activities, volunteerism, donations and meeting schedules.
- Arrange and coordinate all volunteer help required.
- Prepare and organize 24‐hour meeting schedules.
- Coordinate any printing necessary (programs, ads, etc.).