Newsletter Editor/Committee Chair
The Newsletter Editor & Committee are responsible for producing “Heart to Heart”, AA Regina’s monthly newsletter, that both informs and engages our members; “Carrying AA’s Message”.
For all positions within Intergroup, a commitment of your time and a desire to be of service, are the main qualifications.
- The Newsletter Editor should be someone having a good level of sobriety, two years is suggested.
- Committee members should also be comfortable with their attained level of sobriety.
The Newsletter Editor is a member of the office committee. The office committee is one part of Regina and Area Intergroup.
Position Description and Duties
On a monthly basis, the editor and committee:
- Using Microsoft Publisher; layout a visually pleasing publication from the local members’ submissions, gathered articles and related service material.
- In a timely manner
- Have a “proof” of the new issue in for approval to the Office Coordinator.
- Send the finalized and approved newsletter in to our publisher for printing.
- Submit the new issue to the Webditor committee for publishing on AARegina.com and for distribution to our email subscribers list.
“Newsletters or bulletins published by central/intergroup offices may include not only office news and events, but similar information about the groups and committees served by these offices (such as meeting times, openings of new groups, or changes of group meeting locations or officers). Frequently, material from A.A. literature is reprinted and discussed, and articles on subjects of interest to A.A.s also are published.”From MG-02 A.A.® Guidelines – Central or Intergroup Office
with permission of A.A, World Services, Inc.