Speakers Meeting Committee Chair
Speakers Meetings are open to members new and old. They are also open to anyone else who wants to hear more of how AA works.
Speakers share their story of Experience, Strength and Hope (“what qualifies me to be here”,”what solutions are working for me”, “what promises have I received and what is my life like now”).
For all positions within Intergroup, a commitment of your time and a desire to be of service, are the main qualifications.
- The Speakers Meeting Committee Chair should be someone having a good level of sobriety, two years is suggested.
The Speakers Meeting Chair is a member of the Regina Intergroup Committee.
Position Description and Duties
The Chair and Committee:
- Plan for and arrange time, location, and speaker for the regular monthly meeting.
- Coordinate advertising within the Fellowship for all it’s monthly meetings.
- Responsible for the collection at monthly meeting.
- Plan for and coordinate any volunteer help required.
- Arrange for meeting setup, take down and seeing that the speakers are there.